About the 12 Steps
With permission from the General Service Office in New York City,
PDAP based it’s program on the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. With a
modification, we have created a 12 step program which focuses on
those issues commonly dealt with in young people’s recovery.
We at PDAP have developed a way of life without the use of
chemicals. By taking certain steps, not one of us has failed to find
Love and Happiness in this
Way of Life. If you want what we have and are willing to go to any
lengths to get it, you are ready to follow these steps…..
- We have admitted that mind-changing chemicals had caused at least part of our lives to become unmanageable.
- 2. We found it necessary to “Stick with Winners” in order to grow.
- We realized that a Higher Power, expressed through our love for each other, can help restore us to sanity.
- We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, as we understand Him.
- We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- We admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- We became willing to allow our Higher Power, through the love
of the Group, to help change our way of life and humbly asked Him to
help us change.
- We made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- We made direct amends to such people, except when to do so would injure them, others, and ourselves.
- We have continued to look at ourselves and when wrong, promptly admitted it.
- We have sought through prayer and meditation to improve our
conscious contact with our Higher Power, which we have chosen to call
only for the knowledge of His will for us and courage to carry that
- We, having had a Spiritual awakening as a result of these
steps, try to carry our love and understanding to others, and to
principles in our daily lives.
These steps are not easy, but they are simple and they do work.
If you follow these steps, we guarantee that you will find a way of life
that is full
of love and happiness and you will be armed with a way to cope with
life’s problems. The key of love and happiness will open many doors.
HONESTY is the freedom from self-deception; the willingness to admit
wrong; fairness in our dealings with others. With HONESTY we will
develop FAITH and
the belief that we can change with the help of God, as we understand